2010-09-21

OmniGraffle - Export Current Selection

I just discovered a super useful feature in OmniGraffle Pro version 5.2.3:
File > Export > Export area > Current Selection


I routinely use OmniGraffle to decorate screenshots with call-outs, or create graphics to demonstrate visually. But I often used other programs to finalize the image file. Now I have discovered a shortcut within OmniGraffle:

  1. Select the items I want in my image file.
  2. Choose File > Export.
  3. In the dialog, set "Export Area" popup to "Current Selection".
  4. Name the file and save.
By the way, another shortcut I've discovered is saving directly to my iDisk rather than to my local hard drive, to move files to my web server. iDisk can be flaky, so you always run a risk of problems, but lately in Mac OS X 10.6.4 I have found OmniGraffle, Preview, and other apps to work well saving a file directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment